Since the privatisation of the national sewerage system in 1994, the Government has completed two reviews of sewerage services. The first review in November 1996 was a comprehensive review of all aspects of billings, rates and the delivery of sewerage services. The second review in June 1998 specifically dealt with commercial rates. The results of the two reviews are as listed below:
Results of the 1996 ReviewEffective January 1, 1997, Indah Water will:
- Commence new sewerage charges and billing for connected sewerage service customers and for those customers whose septic tanks have been desludged
- Only charge septic tank customers after desludging
- Issue its own sewerage bills
- Cancel all sewerage charges and arrears prior to this date
- Credit all payments made for sewerage services before this date to future sewerage bills
Results of the 1998 ReviewEffective July 1, 1998, Indah Water will:
- Reduce commercial sewerage rates by approximately 30% for basic charges and excess water consumption. However, for the period of January 1, 1997 to June 30, 1998, the sewerage rates approved in 1 January 1997 will apply for billing purposes.
Result of the 1999 Tariff of Sewerage Charges Review
- As instructed by the Government, effective 1 October 1999, IWK reduced the monthly Basic Charges to Commercial premises, with individual septic tank or connected sewerage services, in Band 3 to 10 by 5% to 20%. The Basic Charges for Commercial premises in Band 1 and 2 remain unchanged and are the same as the tariff of charges from 1 July 1998 - 30 September 1999. The Excess Charge for average water consumption in excess of 100 meter cube will remain unchanged at 45 sen per meter cube.